PRICING & REGISTRATION
Price includes Breakfast, Lunch, Coaching & Cultural Events
Standard Room: $3,600 US
Superior Room: $3,700 US
No Room (Retreat Only): $2,600 US
Non-Writing Accompanying Partner
Bring your spouse or significant other to share your room and enjoy breakfast, the four evenings out, the welcome cocktail reception, all transportation to and from events, and RT transportation to/from the airport.
Price: $900 US
We’ll give you a $50 US rebate
when you mention who referred you!
On submission of this form you will be redirected to a page where you will pay to secure your place at the retreat. Your place isn’t secure until payment has been received.
Only 12 writers can participate in this personal, hands-on writing retreat! Please do not book your plane tickets until confirmation from us.
Any cancellation received in writing via email before 31 December 2019 will be refunded minus $500US deposit. Any cancellation received after 31 December 2019, will result in total loss of funds. However, the retreat is fully transferable to another writer.
We reserve the right to cancel the retreat for any conditions beyond our control and your paid fees will be refunded. We are not liable for your other expenses, such as air fare.
We also reserve the right to shift the evening activities or replace them with another experience of equal value, if the outside vendors no longer offer their experiences.
What the Retreat Includes
- Morning sessions to set writing goals and maintain accountability to move your book from an idea to a tangible inspiration.
- 20 minutes of personal one-on-one consultation and editing with me 3 times during the week.
- 5 Master Classes to sharpen your writing skills, whether you write fiction, personal essays, plays or screenplays. Each Master Class is 3 hours and includes specific writing exercises to anchor the new skills learned.
- Private ¼ hour coaching call with me 1 week before the retreat and an additional private ½ hour coaching call 2 weeks following the retreat.
- Private accommodation in a Superior or Standard Room with a private, en suite bathroom.
- Daily hot breakfast.
- Daily themed lunch buffet available to suit your own writing schedule.
- Return airport transfer.
- Free WiFi
PLUS these Exciting Cultural Evenings:
- Opening cocktail reception with pop-up crafts bazaar.
- Cooking class in a South African woman’s home.
- Walking wine tasting/food pairing tour at 4 local restaurants, hosted by wine guru Tuanni Price of Zuri Wine Tasting
- Jazz concert at The Crypt, the basement of St George’s Cathedral, where Archbishop Desmond Tutu preached and provided sanctuary for blacks who protested apartheid.
- Closing dinner at Marco’s African Place featuring tribal live music and dancing, specializing in delicious ostrich, crocodile, kudu and other traditional Xhosa dishes. An incredible African cultural evening!
Extra Services Available, But Not Included
- Uber on-call.
- On-site laundry.
- Cocktails (except during the welcome and closing cocktail receptions).
- Specialty coffee drinks.
- Trip cancellation insurance.
- Room before and/or after the retreat (BUT you are eligible for a 15% discount extended to retreat participants!).
- International air fare